The Privileges of ur name that you sometimes never realize
Hello guys!! π π how’s it going? Let me introduce my self. My name is Nafisah. This is the first time I posted my written on its blog. Well, on this blog l would like to tell you the history adn meaning of my name. Of course, somebody who has name “Nafisah” is not me only, but one of you who read my blog, there might be a name called Nafisah,too. Alright, Have you ever felt that the name “Nafisah” was less beautiful and you want to change its name? please, don’t be hurry guys!! Because here I would review the features behind the name “Nafisah” that will make you love and be proud of your name. π π
Talking about names, It’s sure that everyone has their own name. The name is used to know someone or be known by others and to distinguish someone from others. . And the essence of giving names to children is so that they are known and glorify them. Therefore, every parent have to give name for their children. if someone is not given a name, then he/she will become a majhul (unknown) by the community because the child's name is an identity that will be recognized since birth, baby, adult, and until the end of his/her life.
The criteria for the name itself are very diverse, there are arabic names (using the islamic names) western names, Sundanese names, and sometimes even a mixture of all of them. These names are given by our parents through very mature thoughts. Sometimes, each parents see in terms of their history and there are also those who see in terms of their meaning. Furthermore, the name of each person is different, some are short, for example the names of ancient people like Soekarno, and also some are too long like Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono Jokowidodo Putraningrat ... (I think it will take a much time when he writes his name during the national exam*LOL*).π π π π
In this era, it is normal for parents to give their children names with a modern name that is long enough for example consisting of 2-3 syllables. But it’s not for me, my parents gave me a name that was quite short and far from the modern word, that is Nafisah. As a maduran girl who grew up in Karawang area, I ever felt that my name was ugly and sometimes I hate it because it’s unlike the names of my friends. My name consist of only 7 letters, (NAFISAH) and I think the name is not too popular and modern for me. Sometimes I was thinking that if the renaming procedure is not as difficult and complicated as the reality, maybe I have changed my name to a bit longer and modern. But whatever the power, my hand didn't change it all. Because of the shortness of my name, sometimes people don't believe me when I say my full name is Nafisah. Moreover, it's quite strange that my nickname doesn't match as my name (OH My GOD !!! π©). From childhood I was called Fifi by everyone except my father (Abi) who always called me ” Alidah”. That’s all also made people wonder more about the clarity of my name. Until finally I asked my parent why I was called fifi even though my name was Nafisah.
According to my father story (Abi’s story), the name”Nafisah” is not just any name that has no meaning. Even to get the name, it needed a big struggle and it’s not as simply as I think. Abi has to go to Madura to meet a Kyai for asking a good and beautiful name for me even though at that time my family's financial economy was going down. Then Mr. Kyai suggested to give me name “Nafisah”. According to Mr. Kyai, Nafisah is a good and beautiful name for Islamic baby girls because it’s seen by the terms of the meaning of “Nafisah” which has a lot of meanings, such as (1) Very valuable gems (2) Precious (3) High position. We can also interpret it with a very precious and high-ranking gem (Permata yang sangat berharga dan Berkedudukan tinggi) as a prayer so that our baby girl candidates are expected to be great, noble, very beautiful, very resilient and respected by many people. Then why was my nickname “fifi” ? It turned out that in 2001, there was a presenter who was quite famous named Fifi Aleyda Yahya .. Abi was very fond of its presenter and wished I could be like her later until finally Abi wanted to change my name from Nafisah to Fifi Alidah Yanti. But considering to Abi's struggle when asking my name to Kyai, Abi finally resigned his intention to change my name. Even so, Abi always called me as Alidah while the other family and friends called me fifi. As a result, people thought that my name was fifi instead of Nafisah.π π
Since I heard Abi’s Story , I realized that behind of my name that was so short, solid and clear it turned out that there was a meaning of struggle that was quite hard. This also gave me inspiration to give my child a name later. I will give name my children with Islamic names combined by the names of Islamic figures. If I have a daughter, I will name her Aisha Shakira, which means living happily and always thanking of God. From that name, I hope that my daughter will have noble character like Aisha, the wife of Rasullullah. But if I have a son, I will name him Muhammad Haidar Ali which means that he is praiseworthy, brave and high in his position. From that name, I hope my child can follow the attitudes and morals of the friend also son-in-law of Rasullullah , Ali ibn Abi Talib.
Well, Thanks a lot for reading this strange story and I have a little message for you guys. That is to thank and love your name because of your name today , you are known and know other people. Your name today is the best for you tomorrow. So don't beat your own name bad before you know what the secret is and the reason why does your parents gave the name to you. And now I am proud of my name “Nafisah” because I think “Nafisah” is a name that suits me very well because seeing from the length of each letter in Indonesia meaning are:
N= Nice artinya, A= Akulah orangnya, F= Fifi Panggilannya, I= InsyaAllah Indah perangainya, S= Selalu sabar orangnya, A= Apapun masalahnya, dan H= Hingga akhir hayatnya. Amin. π π π
NB: don't forget to comment what should I correct in publishing my story today and next blog... see ya!!! π π π


furrila? I think name is just a bloody gift to make me know who am I
BalasHapus