Sabtu, 04 Mei 2019

The analysis of differences and similarities of various journals

Hello readers, welcome back on my blog. I am really very happy to be able to share stories and knowledge once more here. Previously, I had read an article of  international journal with the theme of reading. On this blog, I will also explain my second journal that I have chosen to read and analyze during critical reading lessons. But for this blog, I will be more specific to explain about the similarities and differences between the two articles that I have read. The following bellow is a more detailed explanation on that.

THE FIRST JOURNAL
*     Title of the article        : Extensive Reading through the internet :Isit worth the while?
*       Author                         : Juan Pino Silva from Universidad Simón Bolívar
*      Types of Journal          : International Journal of English studies vol. 9 (2), 2009, pp. 81-
                                       96

THE SECOND JOURNAL
*     Title of the article        : Reading Journal: Its Benefits for Extensive Reading
*      Author                         : Jonathan Aliponga from Kansai University
*      Types of Journal          : International Journal of Humanities and Social Science vol. 3
                                       (12), [Special Issue –June 2013]

Well, after I read the entire article, I found some similarities and differences from the two articles. The first equation, this journal has the same topic of discussion. It is about extensive reading. In addition, the method of research conducted by both authors is a qualitative approach with the media used in the form of a questionnaire. The use of the questionnaire aims to determine the benefits of both types of reading techniques on the effectiveness of extensive reading.
However, there are also many differences between the two articles such as different authors and different research subjects. The research subject in the first article is about the benefits of Reading Online in the application of extensive reading  especially for student ESL. However in the second article, the research subject focused on the benefits of reading journal in developing extensive reading in student EFL. In addition, the structure or component of the article compilation is also different. In the first journal, the author does not provide an overview of methods, purpose, technical, and discussion implicitly so that there are no separate sub-chapters that explain these parts. Instead in the second journal, the author explains all components of the journal explicitly and clearly in its own sub-chapter. Other differences can be seen in terms of research objectives, data collection techniques, analysis of data used, etc.
That's all about the similarities and differences of the articles I've read, Thanks for reading my blog. See ya guys !!!

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar